Welcome is a 2007 Indian comedy film directed by Anees Bazmee and produced by Firoz A. Nadiadwala. The film stars Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif, Nana Patekar, Anil Kapoor, and Mallika Sherawat in the lead roles. The film is a comedy of errors that revolves around two gangsters who come to Mumbai to find a bride for one of their bosses. The film was well received by audiences and was one of the highest-grossing Bollywood films of 2007.
- Feroz Khan as Ranvir Dhanraj Xaka “RDX”.
- Anil Kapoor as Sagar ‘Majnu’ Pandey, Uday’s best friend, a gangster and an artist.
- Nana Patekar as Don Uday Shetty, Sanjana’s brother.
- Akshay Kumar as Rajiv Saini, Dayal’s nephew, Sanjana’s love interest.
- Katrina Kaif as Sanjana Shetty, Uday’s sister, Rajiv’s love interest.
- Paresh Rawal as Dr. Dayal Ghungroo, Rajiv’s uncle, Payal’s husband.
- Mallika Sherawat as Ishika Kanojia, Payal’s sister.
- Supriya Karnik as Niharika “Payal” Ghungroo, Rajiv’s aunt, Dayal’s wife,
- Shereveer Vakil as Lucky Xaka: RDX’s son.
- Asrani as Akhilendra Chandel.
- Charlie as Nandan Singh.
- Snehal Dabi as Kakhil.
- Paresh Ganatra as Purushottam Bhan (Pappu), Municipal Officer.
- Sharad Sankla as Aadesh Mehta, Municipal Officer.
- Adi Irani as Harkesh Sahni, Advocate.
- Mushtaq Khan as Balwish Dey alias Ballu.
- Sanjay Mishra as Pandit Manilal Shastri.
- Om Puri as Narrator.
- Vijay Raaz as Dhanesh Varman.
- Ranjeet as Rakesh Kapoor.
- Suniel Shetty as himself.
- Malaika Arora in item number song “Honth Rasiley”.
Welcome is a comedy film about two gangsters named Uday Shetty and Majnu Bhai who live in Dubai. Uday is tasked with finding a bride for his boss’s son, who is in jail. Uday and Majnu travel to Mumbai in search of a suitable bride and they eventually come across a woman named Sanjana. However, Sanjana is already in love with Dr. Ghunghroo, a simple man who is trying to start a hospital for the poor.
Meanwhile, Sanjana’s father is an ex-gangster who is now reformed and wants his daughter to marry someone who is not involved in criminal activities. Uday and Majnu start impersonating doctors and run into Dr. Ghunghroo, who mistakes them for real doctors and enlists their help in starting the hospital.
Comic misunderstandings and hijinks ensue as Uday tries to win over Sanjana and secure her as the bride for his boss’s son, while also trying to impress her father and keep up the ruse of being a doctor. The film is filled with humor, action, and drama and is a classic Bollywood comedy that audiences love.
Welcome was produced by Firoz A. Nadiadwala under the banner of Base Industries Group. The film was directed by Anees Bazmee and the story was written by Anees Bazmee and Ikram Akhtar. The film was edited by Dharmendra Sharma and was released on December 21, 2007. The film was shot in various locations in Dubai and Mumbai and was made with a budget of approximately 20 crores. Welcome was a commercial success and was one of the highest-grossing Bollywood films of 2007.